Changing Engine Oil and Filter (ZO6, ZR1, and Grand Sport)
These vehicles have a racetrack‐ready dry sump engine lubrication system. This high‐performance system operates differently than a standard engine
lubrication system and requires a special procedure when changing the engine oil and filter. Follow this procedure closely when changing the engine oil
ZO6 Shown, ZR1 and Grand Sport Similar
A. Engine Oil Drain Plugs
1. Remove the two engine oil drain plugs from the bottom of the engine oil pan. One drain plug drains the external oil tank via the oil transfer supply line.
The other drain plug drains residual oil from the crankcase sump. Allow the oil to drain.
2. Once the oil has been drained from the engine, remove the engine oil filter and allow the oil to drain.
3. Re‐install both drain plugs and tighten them to 25Y (18 lb ft).
4. Replace the oil filter and tighten it to 30Y (22 lb ft).
5. Oil is filled through the opening in the top of the external engine oil tank. Remove the oil fill cap.
6. Add 9.9 L (10.5 quarts) of oil to the oil tank.
7. Install the oil fill cap and insert the dipstick, if removed.
8. Start the engine and let it run at idle for at least 15 seconds. This will circulate the fresh engine oil through the lubrication system.
9. Shut off the engine and check the oil level as described under “Checking Engine Oil (ZO6, ZR1, and Grand Sport).”
What Kind of Engine Oil to Use
SAE 5W-30 is best for the vehicle. These numbers on an oil container show its viscosity, or thickness.
Do not use other viscosity oils such as SAE 20W-50.
How to Reset the Engine Oil Life
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it
can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where the oil is changed prior to a CHANGE ENGINE OIL message being turned on,
reset the system.
To reset the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message after an oil change:
1. Press the TRIP button so the OIL LIFE percentage is displayed.
2. Press RESET and hold for two seconds. OIL LIFE REMAINING 100% will appear.
If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system
has not reset. Repeat the procedure.